UGCert Egyptology / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- 36 months FT, 45 months PT
- How to apply
You should apply for this course using our online application form. A link to the form and guidance on how to complete it can be found on the Egyptology Online website . The deadline for applications is 30 June 2018 . Before applying, please refer to The University's Privacy Notice for prospective students, applicants and offer-holders so that you are aware of how your data will be processed: http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/privacy-notice/
"The Certificate in Egyptology course at Manchester provided me with a unique opportunity to fulfil my lifelong dream to study Egyptology.
"Following the course, I continued with my chosen area of research and have since published articles and conference papers."Emmet Jackson / Past student
- Gain a general knowledge of the history and civilisation of ancient Egypt from circa 3100 BCE to the Arab Conquest.
- Find out how to use source materials in libraries and museum collections and translate simple hieroglyphic texts.
- Learn from internationally recognised scholar Dr Joyce Tyldesley , who leads the course.
- All course content is delivered online, so you can study from anywhere in the world.
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2018 will be £2,000 per annum. Tuition fees for international students will be £2,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.